Recent content by MariaNZ

1. M

McMullan, Shiels, Hall, Black from Ballycastle, County Antrim

Hi everyone, I think all my ancestors come from Ballycastle, and I think they were all Catholic. My g-grandfather, James McMullan (farmer) arrived in New Zealand before 1876. He married Rose Shiels in NZ. My grandfather, Henry Hall, came to NZ in 1890, his mother was Catherine Black of...
  2. M

McMullan's of Waterfoot & McDonnell's of Glenravel

Hi everyone, I'm related to James McMullan of County Antrim. He's my g-grandfather and came to New Zealand before 1876. He married Rose Shiels in NZ in 1876. He was a farmer, and the son of a farmer called James, according to his death certificate. They were Catholics. I note that the Irish...
  3. M

Rose McMullan

Hi, I have McMullans in my family tree too. My g-grandfather is James McMullan, son of James (possibly of Dunseverick, with possible wife, Rose). They were farmers, and Catholics, and g-grandfather arrived in New Zealand before 1876, the year he married. I have met on-line a possible McMullan...
  4. M

Blacks / Blaneys

Hi, I'm descended from the Blacks of Ballycastle too. My g-grandmother was Catherine Black of Tornaroan. She was a Catholic, and was possibly born to Archy Black and Betty McKendry. I have found a baptism record for a Cath Black in the Ramoan Parish, Ballycastle, 1843. Any help in identifying...
  5. M

McMullan /Meebin(Maybin)

Hi, I also have a connection with the McMullans from County Antrim. My g-grandfather is James McMullan, farmer, who arrived in New Zealand before 1876. He married in Auckland that year, and settled in the Far North, with his Irish wife, Rose Shiels of Northern Ireland. They were Catholics...