Recent content by monaghan-p

1. M

McKEEGAN connections in Cushendall area

Hi Alison, Best of luck with your search. If you have access to Ancestry.com, you'll find several Public Trees with Victoria connections back to Daniel. A few years back I connected briefly with a McKeegan family in Victoria, around the time there was a sizeable McKeegan family reunion. Of all...
  2. M

Hi Ltas, I'm very glad to hear from you. I know you are not directly related to my McKeegans, but since my original post, I have confirmed that Patrick McKeegan (Catherine Murray's fist husband) is a brother to my G-grandfather, John McKeegan. Patrick died at their father's location in...
  3. M

Milltown, Bay, Ardclinis

Thanks df- I have the book. I'm trying to connect either of those Monaghan ladies at Bay to 'any' other Monaghans. If Mary (a widow in 1901) is the same Mary Monaghan in 1861 Griffiths and all revisions until 1881, I'd guess her husband either died early or was a sailor away from home at the...
  4. M

McCurry from Tavnaharry, Glen Ballyeamon

Hello Paul, I've been trying to understand the connection between my GG-grandfather Henry McCurry (died~1880) and the McCurry families who remained in Tavnagharry. The limited information I have is from the 1861 Griffith's valuation, the revision books through 1924, and the 1901 and 1911...
  5. M

Milltown, Bay, Ardclinis

Thanks Elwyn. That's pretty much what I expected to hear, especially after reading the mills article on this site. Anyone else- I still wonder about the fairly dense housing at Bay during the Griffith's valuation and revisions time frame. I wonder if the persons listed (especially female...
  6. M

Milltown, Bay, Ardclinis

Are there any records of events for Milltown (Bay, Ardclinis) from about 1860-1880s? From the Griffiths Valuation Revision Books, quite a number of houses were listed as "down" in 1881, including those of two Monaghans I'm researching (Mary and Anne, who were there from ~1861 until their houses...
  7. M

Waterfoot house numbers- then and now

Thanks Elwyn. It's from studying the online revisions that I recently learned my GGfather lived at house #9 from ~1870 -1900 and Monaghans were listed with houses 1, 9, 36, 37 at various times before 1900. I live in USA, so door knocking is a bit of a challenge now, although I did visit in...
  8. M

Waterfoot house numbers- then and now

I recently found some of my Monaghan relatives living in the "Village of Glenariffe or Waterfoot" per the the Griffiths Valuation Revision Books. How can I relate the valuation house numbers to today's buildings? Thank you, Paul M
  9. M

McLaughlin-McKeegan-McAuley-McKillop-McCurry

Hi Jim, I apologize for the delayed response. The closest connection I have to McKillop is through the McCurry line. A Catherine McCurry ('possibly' my g-g-mother's sister) married a George McKillop; they had a son Alexander (born ~1878 in Antrim, emigrated to Greenpoint in 1909 and died 1912...
  10. M

McCurry's of Cushendall

Hello Katie. My name is Paul Monaghan from NY, USA My G-grandmother Bridget McCurry of Tavnagharry was born ~1850 and married John McKeegan (1841) of Clouglass. I don't know where they married, but all their children were born in Greenpoint, Brooklyn NY beginning in 1871. Bridget's parents were...
  11. M

McLaughlin-McKeegan-McAuley-McKillop-McCurry

Through other posts, I've met new relatives and learned a great deal about several of my ancestors from the Glens. Thank you- I'm now exploring a McLAUGHLIN-McKEEGAN-McAULEY connection via Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NY in the late 1800s, and I'd appreciate any information regarding townlands, parent...
  12. M

McCurry from Tavnaharry, Glen Ballyeamon

I read with interest some articles on this site. In particular, "My Glen Ballyeamon" by Mrs. Rose Emerson and two articles on Mullinaskeagh all mention McCURRYs from Tavnaharry. My GG-grandparents, Henry and Rosetta McCURRY were from Tavnaharry and Henry is listed in the 1861 Griffith's...
  13. M

Hi Katie, If your Glenaan reference is for the specific Townland, not just the name of the Glen name, then our respective families lived quite close. As mentioned earlier, one brother, James, and at least one sister remained in the Cushendall area. My GG-grandfather, John, and several brothers...
  14. M

Hi Katie- Since posting my initial query, I've found more McKeegans in the Cushendall area in the 1860's than I could have imagined. At this point, I believe descendants from James McKEEGAN (Clouglass) and Mary McCAMBRIDGE to be John (my G-grandfather) , Daniel, Mary, Patrick, Margaret...
  15. M

Hello, I'm getting closer to tying together my McKEEGAN ancestors from the Cushendall area, and I'd appreciate any help. I have solid references connecting seven brothers, whose father was James McKEEGAN (~182x - ?) from Antrim. However, various records list their mother as Mary McCAMBRIDGE...