Recent content by Tullyhill

1. T

Galbraith Family of the Tully Glenarm County Antrim

Hello Ann What I have is very spread out and not really connected to each other. I started and then gave up. However here goes:= Charles Kelly married Elizabeth Galbraith on 24/09/1825 by licence in Glenarm Church of Ireland. Witnesses were Alex Galbraith and John Kelly. No ages or occupations...
  2. T

Galbraith Family of the Tully Glenarm County Antrim

Hello Ann I have only read your post today. I will look up what I have for the name Kelly and share with you
  3. T

mcilheron/mcguikian

Hello I am trying to link the name McIlheron into the family tree of the Galbraith Family. Like you I have found so many different spelling versions of this name. I have a Alexander McIlheron working in the Glenarm area who was born cira 1822 to 1828. He died 29 October 1912 in Glenarm I also...
  4. T

Kelly/Galbraith from Glenarm

Hi Could you let me know if possible the period when Daniel Kelly got married? I have a record of a Daniel Kelly marrying a Jane McAlister on 2/10/1854 in Glenarm Church of Ireland. I have another record of Alexander Galbraith from Ballyvaddy marrying Nancy O'Donell from Dunan or Doonan. Her...
  5. T

Burial place of James McKay of Glenarm

Hello Michaelap Have been to the graveyard at Feystown but could find no headstones with the name McKay. That is not to say that I might have missed it. I have also looked on site the History of Headstones and could only find 2 McKay's both in the Church of Ireland Churchyard in Glenarm. I'm...
  6. T

Hi Michaelap Thank you very much for all the information on the children of James and Margaret. It has been a great help. I am gathering information on the different families of Galbraith's. They are all connected to each other in some way. The "some way" is proving rather difficult at present...
  7. T

Dear Michaelap Thank you so much for the information. It will help to fill in another missing piece. Many people who live in Glenarm have the funeral service in the local RC Church and the burial is then in Feystown graveyard. I just might be able through friends to determine if there is a...
  8. T

I am researching the name Galbraith. The Ann Galbraith who married James McKay do you know where she came from? Did they marry in Scotland? I looked the 1911 Census and found a James McKay listed as Publican and Flesher, aged 74 but he is married to a Margaret. It does not state how many years...
  9. T

Sandy (Alexander) Galbraith Glenarm

Hello Debs Just wondering how the research was going. Have been looking to see if I could find out anything more about the family. Did you ever come across a Matthew Galbraith? Alexander Galbraith who married Margaret Petticrew also had a son called Matthew, who would have been a brother of...
  10. T

Hello Debs Nice to hear from you. John Galbraith Brazil very interesting. On the Scottish 1901 Census his occupation was given as Marine Engineer. He must have returned to Rio after 1901 and settled there. Also on the Scottish Census and living in the same house was a Mary Galbraith listed as a...
  11. T

Hello Debs Am glad that you were able to confirm that John and Lillian his wife stayed in Brazil. That at least is helping to solve one member of the Galbraith clan. I started as follows: Get a copy of the 1901 Census The 1911 Census is on line now at The National Archives Dublin Church...
  12. T

Hi Debs I was always curious were Pomona Avenue was, now at least I have a good idea, I know the type of Belfast house you described, for I had a cousin lived in one. These houses must have been "standard type" At least I know that sailor John Galbraith is of your family. Did he stay in Rio? I...
  13. T

Hello Debs Have been looking up my file on the Belfast/Glenarm Galbraith's. Does your dad or uncle ever hear mention of a John Galbraith born 1853 he was the first child born to Alexander and Margaret. I have a John Galbraith born in Glenarm, who joined the Merchant Navy in Belfast on...
  14. T

Hi Debs Nice to hear from you. We definately are looking at the same family. Alexander and Sarah as far as I know had 3 childen namely Thomas A born 1899, John born 1901 and Sarah born 1903 I have also been in the Church of Ireland Graveyard in Glenarm and know the headstone to which you refer...
  15. T

Hello For sometime now I have been working on the Galbraith Family. I have an Alexander Galbraith born at the Tully about 1828. He married Margaret Petticrew in 1852 and in their family I found a son called Alexander Galbraith born 1868. The father was a publican, shopkeeper, butcher and farmer...