Search results

1. adenshillito

Hall, Knox and Tosh

Since DNA testing I have had a remarkable number of leads to Antrim and yet to explain most of them. My Hall relatives who owned a farm in the 1890s in Thornbury, Southland, New Zealand came to New Zealand from 'Ireland' and it later turned out to be Antrim. Another Hall living in the Southland...
  2. adenshillito

Halls, Toshs, Knoxs Ballymena/Antrim 1800s

I've been piecing together some family strands from Thornbury NZ in the 1880s back to Ballymena and the North generally in the 1820s. I'm related to a Hugh Hall and his wife Jane Tosh who settled in rural NZ in 1869. A DNA match linked me to a man who now lives in that area and has Hall...
  3. adenshillito

McLaren & Murray, Ballymoney 1820s

Thank you very much for your time and effort in replying and for the information you were able to provide. It's a needle in a haystack in some regards, but every little bit helps. I also figure in this that the name McLaren often changes form and has appeared as Mclaren and McLauren and one or...
  4. adenshillito

McLaren & Murray, Ballymoney 1820s

Seeking any leads on a brick wall ancestor, JAMES MCLAREN (born about 1803) and wife AGNES MURRAY (born about a1808) were said to be farmers in this area. They would have married in the mid-1820s I expect and had a son James (b.1828) who later was in a poorhouse in Paisley, Scotland (abt. 1858)...