McKEEGAN connections in Cushendall area

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by monaghan-p, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Cherylanne Bailey

Cherylanne Bailey New Member

Hi Paul and Alison

I do not have McKeegan connections that I am aware of - my connections in Co Antrim are McCambridge and O'Hagan however I went through my notes, compiled over the last 20 years of so, and located the following which may prove of interest:
    Layde Parish Marriage – 25 October 1839 Cornelius McKeegan and Ellen Reid. Witnesses Francis McCambridge and Kitty Reid;
    John McCambridge - wife Mary McKeegan - Layde Parish - recorded as parents at baptism on 12 December 1841; and
    Alexander McCambridge married aged 30 years on 9 February 1864 Catherine McKEEGAN, born 1839, Spouse’s Father’s Name: John McKEEGAN.

Source: Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C11498-6 , System Origin: Scotland-ODM , GS Film number: 1041997.

Kind regards
    Cherylanne, NSW Australia

2. Alison Coates

Alison Coates New Member

Hi Cherylanne,
    Thanks so much for your reply. Daniel McKeegan was the son of James McKeegan (1814-1895) and Mary McCambridge (1823) married about 1841. They had 12 children and the last son was named Cornelius born 1865. Maybe the Cornelius who married in 1839 is James' brother!
    So many names the same it does become confusing!
    Do you have any information on my Mary McCambridge? I'm early days doing it on the internet and feel I waste time looking in all the wrong places!
    Cheers Alison