McMullan, Shiels, Hall, Black from Ballycastle, County Antrim

Hi everyone, I think all my ancestors come from Ballycastle, and I think they were all Catholic. My g-grandfather, James McMullan (farmer) arrived in New Zealand before 1876. He married Rose Shiels in NZ. My grandfather, Henry Hall, came to NZ in 1890, his mother was Catherine Black of Ballycastle, his father Henry Hall of Tornaroan, son of Michael Hall, a coast guarder at Torr Head. Any help in finding my family connections in Ireland would be greatly appreciated.
With thanks
Maria

Hi Maria, Tricia McMullan here (I posted earlier). Just saw this entry and I am now pretty sure that you are not related to my husband. Hope you find what you are looking for. :)-) My uncle told me that if you shake a tree in Antrim, two McMullans will fall out of it. It sure is a popular surname.)

[QUOTE=" My grandfather, Henry Hall, came to NZ in 1890, his mother was Catherine Black of Ballycastle, his father Henry Hall of Tornaroan, son of Michael Hall, a coast guarder at Torr Head. Any help in finding my family connections in Ireland would be greatly appreciated.
With thanks
Maria[/QUOTE]

Michael Hall died 15.2.1882 at Tornaroan, aged 75. The informant was his daughter Esther O’Hara of Tornaroan.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.../deaths_returns/deaths_1882/06416/4842620.pdf