Rose McMullan

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by helenlblyth, Jul 9, 2012.

1. helenlblyth

helenlblyth New Member

Does anyone have any information on the McMullans who resided at Slievepin Ballyvoy?

My great gran is Rose McMullan, I have a copy of her marriage certificate, she married my great grandad Daniel Begley at St Patricks Culfeightrin on the 4th June 1901.
    Her father is Alexander McMullan he is listed as being a farmer at Slievepin Ballyvoy, by the time of the marriage he was deceased.
    I'd be grateful for any information you may have
    Thanks[​IMG]

2. MariaNZ

MariaNZ New Member

Hi, I have McMullans in my family tree too. My g-grandfather is James McMullan, son of James (possibly of Dunseverick, with possible wife, Rose). They were farmers, and Catholics, and g-grandfather arrived in New Zealand before 1876, the year he married. I have met on-line a possible McMullan connection, with generations of Alexander McMullans. Could we be related?
    Thanks
    Maria

3. gerardtrish

gerardtrish New Member

Hi Maria, my husband's great-grandfather, James McMullan, who married Margaret Kinney in St Patrick's, Ballyvoy, came to New Zealand about 1880 with two children. They came from Coolnagoppoge nr Ballyvoy and Ballycastle, Co. Antrim. In New Zealand, they had more children including a son, James, and were based at Arthur's Point and Queenstown. James, the younger, had a big family of boys plus one girl, and he took his family to Oamaru. This should give you enough to decide if there is a connection here. Regards, Tricia McMullan