Elizabeth Sharpe

I am seeking descendants or relatives of Elizabeth Jean Sharpe, Andrina Alexandra Sharpe, or John Boyd Sharpe, who were children on the 1911 census. I believe that their great-grandfaher was William Boyd of Cape Castle. I am hoping that some member of their extended family will be able to tell me about William Boyd and his relatives. I suspect that he was a brother to my great-great-great-grandfather, John Boyd. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
I am seeking descendants or relatives of Elizabeth Jean Sharpe, Andrina Alexandra Sharpe, or John Boyd Sharpe, who were children on the 1911 census. I believe that their great-grandfaher was William Boyd of Cape Castle. I am hoping that some member of their extended family will be able to tell me about William Boyd and his relatives. I suspect that he was a brother to my great-great-great-grandfather, John Boyd. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Hi there, I realized you wrote this 5 years ago!! But wondering if you found answers. I am also looking into my Boyd lineage and the two intersect. I have a Margaret Boyd(father is Andrew Boyd, farmer in Ballycastle) she married William John Boyd(farmer in Capecastle) His father is your William Boyd also a farmer in Capecastle. A lot of Boyd names!! I am also looking for a Dr. John Boyd and his siblings, he was a surgeon and have found some information on him and brother Andrew also a farmer. But I am also looking for a sister possibly Agnes or Nancy, she married Robert Robinson. If your William Boyd had a brother John that's two John Boyds about the same time period!! Birth around 1793. I dont think they are the same John Boyd but would be curious to know what you found out! Cheers! Kari

Hi, Kari! After more than six years I am no wiser than I was when I first posted my query. I was seeking information on William John Boyd because he appears on the 1861 Griffith’s Valuation in the townland of Corvally, apparently taking over the land previously worked by my ancestors before they left for America around 1847. This suggested to me a possible close relationship between my Boyds and William John, whose father was William Boyd of Capecastle. Such a relationship was always just a guess. There are too many people with the same name in the area for me to be certain who is related to whom! The two male Boyds who appear in Corvally on the Tithe Applotment Survey are John and James. I know that James died in County Antrim and I am reasonably certain that John did, too. Their families (except John’s son, Samuel; and James’s step-daughter, Fanny Reed McAllister) came to America around 1847, settling in Ohio and Pennsylvania. Has your branch of the Boyd family remained in County Antrim or did they emigrate, too? Regards, Pam