Halls, Toshs, Knoxs Ballymena/Antrim 1800s

I've been piecing together some family strands from Thornbury NZ in the 1880s back to Ballymena and the North generally in the 1820s. I'm related to a Hugh Hall and his wife Jane Tosh who settled in rural NZ in 1869. A DNA match linked me to a man who now lives in that area and has Hall relatives, we figured his ancestor John was a relation maybe to my Hugh. In the last few days I turned up some info that suggested another brother Andrew also settled in Thornbury NZ, and a John Hall and Elizabeth Tosh are given as witness on Hugh Hall's NZ marriage record. Bot Andrew and Hugh name a daughter with the middle name Knox and Hugh's father John Hall Snr appears to be married to a Mary Knox, so it has a few strings that link it up. I have a feeling based on another DNA match to a Hall line in Donegal that the line might have come to Antrim from there or from Antrim some might have gone there. Hunting for any clues or hint.

Sort of looks like this as a PURELY speculative line-

Attachments

I've been piecing together some family strands from Thornbury NZ in the 1880s back to Ballymena and the North generally in the 1820s. I'm related to a Hugh Hall and his wife Jane Tosh who settled in rural NZ in 1869. A DNA match linked me to a man who now lives in that area and has Hall relatives, we figured his ancestor John was a relation maybe to my Hugh. In the last few days I turned up some info that suggested another brother Andrew also settled in Thornbury NZ, and a John Hall and Elizabeth Tosh are given as witness on Hugh Hall's NZ marriage record. Bot Andrew and Hugh name a daughter with the middle name Knox and Hugh's father John Hall Snr appears to be married to a Mary Knox, so it has a few strings that link it up. I have a feeling based on another DNA match to a Hall line in Donegal that the line might have come to Antrim from there or from Antrim some might have gone there. Hunting for any clues or hint.

Sort of looks like this as a PURELY speculative line-
Hello Aden. My husband is a GG.Grandson of Andrew Hall and Mary Meban who lived at "Riverview", Thornbury in Southland. From your notes above I understand Andrew is a brother of your relative Hugh. If you want any help with Andrew and family please let me know. Their youngest daughter born in NZ was named Elizabeth Knox Hall, now I know where the Knox came from.

Hello~
I only obtained the information that there was an Andrew Hall believed to be related to Hugh Hall from a Paulin family reunion booklet earlier in the year. Evidence soon suggested that they owned farms side by side in that area. While Andrew married before he left Ireland, Hugh only married in 1869 after settling in Thornbury. It was only once I found a few Fallow family matches in my DNA tested that I was sure the men were brothers. I now have four Fallows on Ancestry, two of whom I have communicated with by email. Yes, Hugh also had a daughter with the Knox middle name which helped me connect back to a match with a Sam McCaughney in Ballymena who had a Knox grandmother. I can be contacted directly at vision at nightshade.co.nz for further information. Has your husband DNA tested with any of the DNA services? It would be good to know a bit about Andrew I have had some information, but its all useful in building a bigger picture. Hugh's wife was a Jane Tosh and her sister Elizabeth married a John Hall in 1871 in the same area but I am not convinced he was a brother of the two other men as they already had a brother with married and died in Ireland in the same period.
Thanks for making contact.
Regards

Aden S

I tracked the FALLOW name as a known descendant name from Andrew Hall of Riverview. The four Fallows I have seen on Ancestry DNA are Keith, Anthony, Michelle and Darryl. I have communicated with the latter two but not heard back from the prior two as yet.